We work to raise the profile of the professionalism of our members and to ensure that our own governance procedures conform to current best practice.
As a member of the society (which is part of the Chartered Insurance Institute Group) you are expected to meet certain professional standards as outlined in CII's Code of Ethics.
The Code sets down the principles which all members should follow in the course of their professional duties.
As such, you are required to;
- Comply with the Code and all relevant laws and regulations
- Act with the highest ethical standards and integrity
- Act in the best interests of each client
- Provide a high standard of service
- Treat people fairly regardless of age; disability; gender reassignment; pregnancy and maternity; marriage and civil partnership; race; religion and belief; sex; and sexual orientation
If you do not comply with the Code, this may result in the Chartered Insurance Institute taking disciplinary action against you.
If you'd like to find out more about professional standards please visit the CII website professional standards section, which contains further information about the dedicated committee, disciplinary and appeals, whistleblowing and more.